Acceptable Usage Policy
This acceptable usage policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website www.flowingtales.com and www.flowingtales.camp (our sites). This acceptable usage policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our sites.
Your use of our sites means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable usage policy, which supplement our Terms and Conditions of Use policy. www.flowingtales.com and www.flowingtales.camp are sites operated by DIGIT6 LIMITED (we or us). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 09014571 and we have our registered office and main trading address at 63 Westgate Road, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 1SG.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
• In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
• In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
• For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
• To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards which can be found below.
• To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
• To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
• Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
• any part of our site;
• any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
• any software used in the provision of our site; or
• any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation chat rooms and comment boxes.
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not fool proof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them. Please see our Camp Rules for further details.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material that you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
• Be accurate (where they state facts).
• Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
• Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
• Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
• Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
• Promote sexually explicit material.
• Promote violence.
• Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
• Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
• Be likely to deceive any person.
• Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
• Promote any illegal activity.
• Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
• Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass alarm or annoy any other person.
• Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
• Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
• Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, at our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable usage policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy constitutes a material breach of the terms of usage upon which you are permitted to use our site, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
• Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
• Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
• Issue of a warning to you.
• Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
• Further legal action against you.
• Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable usage policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to the acceptable usage policy
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.
Terms and Conditions of Use
By using our web sites you confirm that you accept these terms and conditions and you agree to comply fully with them.
Other policies which are applicable to your use of our web sites:
3. Refund Policy
4. Delivery Policy
Flowing Tales is an online Creative Writing Camp for Children aged 7 – 12 operated by Digit6 Limited – a company dedicated to improving education through technology. We are a registered company in England and Wales – Company Number 09014571.
Our Registered Office is: 63 Westgate Road, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 1SG. We are a limited company.
Changes to Terms and Conditions
• We may revise these terms at anytime by making amendments to this page. It is your responsibility to check for any changes as they are binding to you.
• Although every effort will be made to ensure our sites are free from errors or omissions, we cannot guarantee that this will be so.
Accessing our sites
• Access to our general web site, “flowingtales.com” is made free of charge.
• Access to our Creative Writing Camp web site, “flowingtales.camp” is by invitation only once the appropriate fee has been paid in full and it is the correct date and time for a camp to commence. (Please see your joining instructions email for further information. If you have not yet received a joining instructions email and your camp is due to start within 7 days, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible)
• We do not guarantee that our web sites or any content on them will always be available or be uninterrupted. However in the unlikely event that this does occur during a writing camp, all reasonable efforts will be made to resume normal activity as soon as possible. Each unforeseen event will be dealt with on a case by case basis at the discretion of the Directors of Flowing Tales and any information will be communicated to parents or teachers of children enrolled on our online camps as soon as practicably possible via the email address supplied on enrolment.
• You are responsible for making all necessary arrangements for you to have access to our sites (such as a working internet connection and an up to date operating system)
• You are responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our web sites through your internet connection are aware of these terms and conditions and other applicable terms and that they comply with them.
• Access to ”flowingtales.camp” is restricted to users who have paid in full for a place or places on a Flowing Tales online creative writing camp.
• On occasion there may also be other areas of our web sites that are restricted to registered users. We reserve the right to change such restricted areas at any time, without notice and at our absolute and sole discretion.
Your Account, Username and Password
• The confidentiality of your account details, username and password are your responsibility and the responsibility of your child who is participating in a Flowing Tales online creative writing camp.
• If you choose or we provide you with a username, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you MUST treat this information as confidential and not disclose it to any third party. This includes any user names and passwords distributed by a school, either at an after school club or as a classroom based activity.
• We reserve the right to disable any username or password either chosen by you or allocated by us at any time if we reasonably feel you have failed to comply with any of the provisions in these Terms and Conditions or our Acceptable Usage Policy.
• If you know or suspect that anyone other than a staff member from your child’s school, you or your child knows your username or password you MUST notify us promptly at email@example.com and we will supply you with a replacement.
Promotions, Competitions and Prize Draws
• On occasion we may run competitions, free prize draws and other promotions on our site. All and any of these will be subject to additional Terms and Conditions that will be made available at the appropriate time.
• If you are under the age of 18 you MUST have the permission of your parent or guardian to use this site.
Intellectual Property Rights
• We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights on our sites and the material published on them. These works are protected by copyright laws around the world. All rights reserved.
• We allow you to print off 1 copy or download extracts of any accessible pages from our sites for your personal use.
• You must not modify any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way.
• Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our sites must always be acknowledged.
• You must not use any part of the content on our sites for commercial purposes ever. (or without obtaining a license to do so from us.)
• Copyright of stories written by children enrolled on our camps remains with the authors, but they grant us the right to use their stories in perpetuity.
• If your child’s camp has been made available through their school then, we may on occasion share data with the school. We may provide them with a list of their pupils who have enrolled on our camps. In addition, we may share your child’s progression data with the school if requested.
No Reliance on Information
• The content on our sites is for general information purposes related to creative writing and literacy only. It is not intended to be advice on which you should rely.
• We take all reasonable efforts to update the information on our sites. However we make no guarantees or representations, either express or implied that the content on our sites is accurate, up to date or complete.
Limitation of Liability
As a consumer user it should be noted that we currently only provide our sites for domestic and private and school use.
• We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer or tablet, programs or data due to your use of our web sites or affiliates.
• We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked to our sites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Liability arising as a result or supplying goods or services.
• Where there is a failure to supply any goods or services that have been paid for in full and it is our fault, we will refund you in full.
• Where there is an issue with the supply of any goods or services that have or have not been paid for in full and it is not our fault we will deal with on a case by case basis at the discretion of the Directors of our company.
Creating content on our sites AND/OR using our live chat feature.
• Whenever you or your child submit their creative writing or amendments to it or make contact with other users of our sites you and your child must comply with the content standards set our in our Acceptable Usage Policy (see above).
• You must ensure that ANY contribution must comply with those standards and you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your or your child’s breach.
• Any content you or your child submit to our sites will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such content for any purpose.
• We have the right to remove any posting you or your child make on our sites if in our opinion it does not comply with our Acceptable Usage Policy.
• We understand that the nature of our sites means there may be times when children being creative with their writing may be creative with their spelling. If any words are spelt to be an expletive or abusive word or any inappropriate language is used we reserve the right to firstly contact the child’s parent. If it happens again we reserve the right to suspend the user name and password of that child and no refunds will be entered into if it is part way through a camp. (See Acceptable Usage policy for further details)
• The views expressed by other users on our sites do not represent the values and views of our company.
• While we will endeavour to ensure that our sites are free from bugs or viruses we cannot guarantee this.
• You are responsible for configuring your IT, computer programmes and platforms in order to access our site. If you have any questions relating to this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Where used, you should always ensure your own virus protection software is up to date.
• You must not misuse our sites by knowingly introducing a virus, malware, worms, Trojans or other such malicious or technologically harmful material.
• You must not gain unauthorized access to our site, the server(s) our sites are staged on or any server, computer or database connected to our site.
• You must not attack our sites via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial of service attack. Any breach of this is a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to relevant law enforcement authorities and will co-operate with them in full by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach your or your child’s right to use our sites will cease.
Linking to our site
• You may link to our sites provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
• You must not establish a link in such a way that suggests any endorsement, association or approval by us where this does not exist.
• Our sites must not be framed on any other site.
• We reserve the right to remove linking permission at any time without notice.
• The web sites in which you are linking must comply in all respects with content standards set out in our Acceptable Usage Policy.
• If you wish to reference or make use of any of our content other than those ways already outlined please contact us via email@example.com
Third Party Links and Resources on our site
• On occasion we may display links to other appropriate sites and resources provided by other sites. These are provided for information purposes only.
• We have no control over the content of these external sites or resources and accept no liability relating to them.
• These terms and conditions of use, subject matter etc are governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction.
• However if you are a resident of Northern Ireland or Scotland you may bring proceedings in your country of residence.
• These terms and conditions of use and subject matter etc (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by English Law. You and we both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.